- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- 3 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 head of iceburg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 lb taco meat (prepared as directed on taco seasoning package)
- 1 package of taco seasoning (for preparing the taco meat)
- 1/2-3/4 c water (for preparing the taco meat)
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1/2 c coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream and salsa for garnish, if desired
What to Do:
So for this recipe, you start out making a basic cheese pizza. You use whatever dough and sauce you want…homemade (which I prefer) or not. Once you have made your pizza dough, you are ready to make your pizza! If you are cooking on a pizza stone (which I strongly recommend), lightly flour the preheated stone. If you don’t have a stone, you can make it on a cookie sheet, lightly spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray and then press out the dough on the cookie sheet. Again, I recommend the stone…makes the bottom of your crust…well…crusty!
Using your hands and / or a rolling pin, shape the dough into a flat circle, then place it in the middle of the preheated pizza stone and using a rolling pin or your fingers, gradually press out the dough until it covers the whole pizza stone (be careful…don’t burn yourself!).