Oh, my goodness, you guys! The holidays are creeping up on us! Are you ready? I’m not quite, but I am getting there. The holidays mean having company and company means that we must make amazing recipes to share, right? Of course it does! In the spirit of yummy food, I created this bacon, avocado, and salsa cheese ball recipe that I know you are going to love!
This recipe is quick and easy to throw together and it has some of my favorite flavors all wrapped up in one delicious cheese ball. Pair it with some crackers and you’ve got a great appetizer (I may or may not have had it for lunch the day I made it and breakfast the morning after. It’s THAT good!).
Bacon, Avocado, and Salsa Cheese Ball Recipe
Bacon, Avocado, and Salsa Cheese Ball Ingredients
How to Make a Bacon, Avocado, and Salsa Cheese Ball
First, in a large bowl mix two softened blocks of cream cheese together until creamy.
Last, but not list, if you want to try this recipe yourself, here’s a handy little printable of the recipe I made just for you!
- 2 pkg cream cheese, softened
- 10 slices of bacon, broken into bits (smoked bacon is AWESOME!)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 c chunky salsa, drain excess liquid first
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/4 c crushed pecans
- First, in a large bowl mix two softened blocks of cream cheese together until creamy.
- Now fold in the bacon pieces.
- Cut the avocado open and remove the pit. Scoop the avocado into a separate bowl. Mash the avocado with a potato masher.
- As soon as I mash the avocados I add the salsa to the avocado. Since the tomatoes in salsa are acidic it will keep the avocado from getting brown .
- Fold the avocado and salsa into the cream cheese mixture.
- Form the mixture into a ball on whatever serving dish you want to use.
- Press the pecan pieces into the outside of the ball.
- Cover with saran wrap and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Add some crackers to the serving dish and you've got yourself a yummy appetizer!
If you are in a hurry, buying pre-cooked bacon works great!
Tastes best if chilled at least an hour before serving.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 863Total Fat 77gSaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 38mgSodium 1969mgCarbohydrates 26gSugar 6gProtein 24g
3 Emergency Prep Tips!
I can tell you three things that you can do THIS WEEK to have better emergency preparedness in your home!