Make Some Yummy BLT French Bread Pizza!
BLT French Bread Pizza Recipe
BLT French Bread Pizza Ingredients
How to Make BLT French Bread Pizza
- One loaf of French bread
- 1-1 1/2 cups of pizza sauce
- 1 Tbsp pizza seasoning (optional)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Mayonnaise (enough to cover both pieces of French bread)
- 10 slices of crispy bacon, chopped
- 1/2 Head of iceberg lettuce, chopped or shredded
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Slice the French bread horizontally and separate the two sides so that you can put toppings on both sides. Spread on your pizza sauce. In a pinch if you don't have pizza sauce on hand, you can just use canned pasta sauce and then sprinkle on a little bit of pizza seasoning.
- After the sauce, top your French bread pizza with mozzarella cheese. (When it comes to cheese, I say go big or go home! I use lots!)
- DO NOT ADD MAYO, LETTUCE, TOMATO, OR BACON YET! You will do that AFTER you bake the French bread.
- Bake your French bread pizza at 350 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes. Make sure the cheese is completely melted before you take it out of the oven.
- Now you're ready for your toppings. First, spread on a layer of mayonnaise. Yes, I know that sounds weird on a pizza. Just trust me on this!
- Once you put the mayonnaise on, then you're ready for your lettuce. Chop your lettuce or shred it and then cover the French bread pizza with a layer of lettuce.
- Next, take the crispy bacon pieces and scatter them on the pizza. Finally, top with diced tomatoes.
- One of the great things about this French Bread BLT Pizza is if you have kiddos that are picky and won't eat lettuce and tomatoes, you can always do one half of the French bread as BLT Pizza and the other side as pepperoni or plain cheese. That keeps the little ones happy!
It's also great as an appetizer or party food! Make it for your next family gathering or Super Bowl Party!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
See you next time!
3 Emergency Prep Tips!
I can tell you three things that you can do THIS WEEK to have better emergency preparedness in your home!