I like DIY furniture upgrades because I like unique pieces. Don’t get me wrong, there is definitely something to be said for buying brand new (no work!), but you can do really cute things with thrift store finds or hand-me-down furniture. My husband and I have been in our current home for 12 years. Well, 12 years and six kids later, we are due for some updates! The last few years we have started painting rooms, redoing floors, and other updates. Right now I am working on packing up the living room and bedroom to empty them out for our new carpet and updated railing (we have a split entry) that will happen sometime next week. I am VERY excited for that!
DIY Furniture Upgrade Inspiration
I think my favorite DIY furniture project that I ever did that was a DIY project was a fun stuffed animal bin for my daughter. It was a thrift store find that I attacked like a spray paint ninja and dressed up with floral accents. Originally I got the ugly brown bin-like cupboard to keep our dog food in. It wasn’t particularly cute, but it was functional. Eventually I decide it was destined to something more. I wish I had a “before” shot, so that you could fully appreciate the “after”, but here is the “after” shot.
The purple on it is Krylon spray paint. The white is just latex paint. Then I got the little fabric flowers at Michael’s Crafts just to add a little whimsy. I love them!!! I moved the bin to my (then) two year old’s room and it is now a home to her stuffed animals 🙂 Besides the interior railing and replacing our carpet, my current project is repainting a cedar chest and the interior doors in our house, built in 1982.
Finding DIY Furniture Upgrade Inspiration
Since we have all of these home improvement projects going on, I have been reaching out to other bloggers for a little DIY furniture upcycle inspiration and have come across some super cute stuff. Just for fun I thought I would share them with you, just to get your creativity flowing for your projects!
Here are links to the projects in the collage above if you want to check them out and get a little more inspiration:
- Buffet tablet turned into a TV console
- DIY Easy Chair Makeover
- DIY Table Made From Old Drawers
- Farm House Side Table (scroll down the projects page)
- DIY Simple Chair Slipcover
- DIY Headboard Upcycled Bench
- DIY Repurposed Bench
Last, but not least, you have got to check out the Upcycled DIY Gumball Machine isn’t technically a furniture upgrade, but I think it is cute so I am sharing it with you anyway!
And now on to the Funtastic Friday Link Party!
***Funtastic Friday 124 Link Party***
- Sherry @ Olives & Okra | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+ | BL | SU |
- Donna @ Two Chicks and A Mom | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | BL |
- Lacie @ Easy Peasy Pleasy | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | BL |
- Angie @ Ambient Wares | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |
- Kimm @ Reinvented | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+ |
- Heidi @ Building Our Hive | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |
- Debra @ Life Between the Kitchen and the Coop | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+ | BL | SU | YouTube |
- Liz @ Reflecting Beautiful | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |
- Donella @ Glue Sticks & Gumdrops | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+ |
- Joyce @ My Stay At Home Adventures | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+ |
Please follow the party hosts on social media.
Fried Ice Cream @ Cooking on the Front Burner
Sherry’s favorite – Iced Lemon Poppy Seed Scones @ Culinary Envy
Angie’s favorite – Old Drawer Flower Box @ The Scrap Shoppe Blog
Heidi’s favorite – Super Easy Strawberry Sweet Rolls Recipe @ 5 Minutes for Mom
Kimm’s favorite – Make A Paper Flower Out of Your Favorite Old Book @ Recreated Designs
Debra’s favorite – Fried Ice Cream @ Cooking on the Front Burner
Donna’s favorite – DIY Rustic Wedding Card Caddy @ The Interior Frugalista
Liz’s favorite – Scalloped May Day Mason Jar @ Dukes and Duchesses
Joyce’s favorite – Strawberry Lime Margaritas @ Delightful E Made
Lacie’s favorite – Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich @ Simply Stacie
Donella’s favorite – Coconut Shrimp & Gouda Grits @ The Bearded Hiker
[bctt tweet=”I was featured at the #FuntasticFriday link party!” username=”KitchenNTheCoop”]
If you’re linking up and joining the party, please grab a button or link back to Life Between the Kitchen and the Coop or one of the party hosts (right-click on image and save image to your computer):
If you’re a featured blogger, please grab a button to place on your blog (right-click on image and save image to your computer):
All features are pinned to Olives & Okra’s Funtastic Friday board. We will also share your post on social media if sharing buttons are readily available on your post.
Help grow the Funtastic Friday link party. Tweet about the party, please!
[bctt tweet=”Add your link! The #FuntasticFriday link party is live!” username=”KitchenNTheCoop”]
Disclaimer: By submitting a link to this blog hop, you are giving me permission to share and/or feature your blog post and image on social media and on my blog, Life Between the Kitchen and the Coop. All links shared will either link back to the blog hop (link party) or to your blog.
FUNTASTIC FRIDAY 124 LINK PARTY RULES
- Post as many links as you like
- Family friendly posts only
- Old posts are welcome
- Comments are greatly appreciated
- Show fellow bloggers link love