This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and alli® weight loss aid. All opinions are mine alone. #alliInmyLife #Before #CollectiveBias
Hi, guys! Welcome back! How are things with you? Harvest season is approaching here in Utah and we are starting to get a few tomatoes and some zucchini. Fresh garden produce makes me want to break into a song about my favorite things like Maria! It won’t be long now and I will be able to start canning homemade salsa! YUM! You know, I love sharing gardening and self-reliance tips, recipes, and that kind of stuff with you guys. That said, every now and then I like to write something a little more personal. I want you to feel like you know the person behind the blog. Today is one of those days 🙂
So you guys – I have a confession to make.
Look at my treadmill. It hasn’t been used in a while. I am pretty sure I could write a message in the dust on that thing — it’s so thick! The last time I used it must have been before Christmas. See how my wreath got “put away” on the treadmill? Not to mention our camping supplies that got piled on top of that after our trip to Yellowstone National Park in June? But the treadmill is really just part of the bigger problem…
If you have been following my blog for a while, you already know I have weight issues. My weight has gone up and down like a yo-yo plenty over the years. I know why I gain weight: I’m not a huge fan of exercising (unless I have a racquetball partner!), I like to eat good food, I have thyroid dysfunction, genetics hates me. Not necessarily in that order. I have successfully lost a substantial amount of weight several times. In fact, just a few years ago I lost 40 pounds. No medications — just good old healthy diet and exercise. I felt great.
Then I fell off the wagon.
Why is it so hard to keep weight off? At this point, I haven’t been to the gym in months. OK. Maybe that is a contributing factor. “Between my blog and my family and my part-time job as an ob/gyn nurse, I am a busy girl,” I tell myself. “I don’t have time to exercise.” Total baloney. Busy, yes. But also L-A-Z-Y.
I’m about to get REALLY real with you:
Normally I crop that kind of stuff out of photos, but it’s important to the story. I’m a professional, right? So there it is. Would you look at that gut?? I can only stand seeing so many images and side profiles that look like that before I decide that I just can’t take it anymore. I want it GONE! Our son is getting married soon. That gut is NOT invited! Like any wedding, there will be plenty of pictures for all of the world to see for the next 50 years! The thought of it makes me shudder! It’s time to do something about it. So I am. It’s go time.
I entered my current weight into the My Fitness Pal app on my phone. I’m not telling what that weight is, but let’s just call it “X”. That way whatever I lose will be “X minus___”. Now that I have entered my weight into My Fitness Pal, what am I going to do about it? Well, I’ll tell you.
My Weight Loss Plan
- I have cut back on my diet soda and started drinking more water. I am keeping track of my water, food intake, and exercise in the MyFitnessPal app.
- I am reducing my daily calorie intake and trying to eat a low-fat diet for the most part.
- I went to Target (don’t ya just love Target?) and picked up alli® weight loss aid. I used prescription weight loss medication years ago, but I didn’t want to go that route this time. alli® weight loss aid is the only FDA approved over-the-counter weight loss aid on the market. It can boost your weight loss efforts. It blocks one-fourth of the fat in your diet from being absorbed*. I’ve never used it before, but I am going to give it a try.
And there are a couple more things that I am going to do:
- I’m tired of having flabby old lady arms, so I’m going to start working on gradually increasing the amount of push-ups I can do.
- I had my husband clean off the treadmill (thanks, honey!). I’m gonna use it! I have set a goal for 20 minutes on the treadmill 3 times a week. (I will be logging my exercise in the MyFitnessPal app, too.)
Look! Here’s me on my clean treadmill! 🙂
Is your weight driving you crazy, too? Join me on my journey! If you want to find me on My Fitness Pal, you can click here to follow me. I would love some company on my weight loss journey. If you decide you want to try alli® weight loss aid too, you can click here for a link to get you a $10 off coupon! (Remember to check with your doctor before starting an exercise program!)
Good luck! I will keep you posted how I am doing. I hope you will keep me posted, too!
See you next time!
P.S. If you need some help finding some healthy-ish recipes, I did some legwork for you! Click here and follow my Healthy Food and Recipes Pinterest Board! There are also some great healthy recipes in alli’s online start-up guide. You can click here to find those healthy recipes!
* alli® (orlistat 60 mg capsules) is for weight loss in overweight adults, 18 years and older, when used along with a reduced-calorie and low-fat diet. Follow label directions. In studies, most people lost 5-10 pounds over 6 months.